Peplum Love

A new trend that I absolutely need to get into asap? Peplums! These 80's throwbacks are hot right now, and I'm in love. I just think they're so funky and stylish. I actually wore one for Halloween, when I stuffed myself into a horrible, shiny 80s bridesmaid dress, but that was ironic, not stylish. At all. Check out some celebs who have rocked the trend I'm gonna be rocking SO SOON:

Emma Watson in a Jason Wu peplum top. I think this whole look is adorable and fashion forward. What's not to love?


Emma Stone rocking both the red and pink trend, with a bubbly peplum too.


Liv Tyler making it sexy in Stella McCartney.


Blake Lively shows it classic and casual.


Kate Middleton. I love this! She makes it look SO sophisticated.


Michelle Williams at the Oscars 2012. Love this sunny Louis Vuitton number.


The reason I like this trend so much is 1. It's so 80's; 2. If you wear it high enough, it can camouflage a stomach trouble zone; and 3. You can actually make one yourself. Simply pair a flouncy top with a pencil skirt and cinch it with a skinny belt and you essentially have the same look. Love it.

Comments

Instagram

Popular Posts