Mini spa night

I was able to have the pleasure of going to a spa last month. I went over to East Wind and had a facial with my cousin. What a great experience.

Its so nice to just sit back and be pampered. The only thing I ever really do for myself is go to the gym regularly and get my nails done. So I was looking forward to this.

We started in the sauna, wearing plush robes and flip flops. We waited in the tranquil room with couches and a water fountain, and then were led to our treatment rooms. My facial was for sensitive skin, which I have. I didn't want to leave.

But I had to. And I don't exactly have the money to go back anytime soon, so how can I get that nice relaxed feeling more often??

An at-home spa experience. I'm a very typical type-A person. I'm super uptight and always wound like a knot. It's hard for me to relax. So anything that can get me feeling calm and content is a good thing. (Really, we should be able to gets massages and facials with our health insurance.) So I decided to do a mini day of beauty at home.

Started in the shower, where I didn't have to rush because I need to get to work, like most typical mornings. I use moisturizing shampoos and conditioners to get my hair soft. Wrapped it up and put on a robe. Then I did my face - I like Ole Henriksen's 3 step microdermabrasion system. It's a scrub, peel and moisturizing mask. It makes my skin baby smooth. Then I covered myself with a sunless tanner/moisturizer so I can stay glowy. I miss being tan in the winter.

Went to my room where I lit some candles, laid down on my bed, propped my feet up and put some cucumbers on my eyes. I put on some mindless tv - usually a girly show focused on how the rich and famous live like the Kardashians or Real Housewives. I'm absolutely addicted to these shows. And I just relaxed (with my cat!). It was nice to do nothing for a little while, and not feel bad about it.

Other products I've used for my self spa sessions are various scrubs, lotions and masks, ice packs for the eyes, dry brushing, hair treatments and foot massager instruments. They all work well. I think it's important to put yourself first and take care of your body and mind. I let my stressful job and life wear me out sometimes but if I don't take care of myself, no one will. So treat yourself and have a mini spa day of your own. I'm in the process of planning one with my friends when it's warmer and we can all enjoy it together.

Comments

Instagram

Popular Posts