I used to volunteer at an animal shelter and I'm looking into doing that again. I prefer to donate time rather than money to organizations because I like to see the impact I make, and you never know where the money really goes. I am the editor of a corporate social responsibility magazine, and I feel it's my duty to represent that, and give back.
"Doing good" for others provides people with a sense of purpose. Here are some ideas of what to do to give back and better your soul; especially important at this time of year!
- Volunteer at an animal shelter/hospital/nursing home/school
- Buy gifts for those in need this season
- Write letters to military members overseas
- Join a community volunteerism group
- Give someone a compliment
- Help a student with their homework
- Spend quality time with your own family members