Getting clean - Day one



So spring has arrived. It was 80 degrees today, and the perfect day to start my three day juice and food cleanse program from Green & Tonic in Darien.
I'm both a health nut and a junk foodie. If it's possible to be both, I am. One day you'll find me eating Kashi and veggies all day, another I'll be munching on chicken strips and cupcakes. I have a life where I often go out to eat and I'm constantly travelling between my home base in Conn., my family's place on Long Island and Tom's house outside of Philadelphia. So I often have to eat on the go. My life can get hectic and sometimes I just need to slow it down and recharge. And that where cleansing and detoxing my life comes in.
Green & Tonic has different programs; some are all juice and some are food,. There's a variety to choose from, which I like. The store is cute and bright; its located conveniently on the Post Road, ironicially next to Chunky Pam's Sweet Shop. But that's my life. As long as I don't pop over there and get some jelly beans and rock candy...
I got a cute tote and filled it with the requirements for the day. A spicy detox tea and muffin-like jumpstart bar began the day. A green juice followed midmorning, featuring celery, kale, spinach, cucumber and apple. The forbidden rice salad was for lunch - it included black rice, edamame, celebry and scalions tossed in sesasme oil. It was delicious! I can't believe how much it filled me up until dinner. I had a quick quencher juice int he afternoon, which was surprisingy delicious and sweet without added sugar - kind of like a fruit punch. It was the 'Daily Detox' juice - pear, orange, pineapple, ginger and aloe vera. Dinner was another green juice - the 'Green Monster' - which is the most popular green juice at the store. It has romaine, celery, spinach, kale, cucumber, ginger, parsley, lemon, apple and spirulina. It tastes super healthy and refreshing. I ate this with the butternut squash and apple soup. So good. Later I enjoyed a cashew nut shake, made with cashews, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, black peppercorns, ginger and raw agave nectar. Real, fresh food just tastes better.
I'm liking this cleanse so far, and I don't even feel hungry, which is amazing. I've done juice cleanses in the past but they were too harsh and left me weak. No so with this one. I'll give a more thorough update tomorrow; I'm picking up the next two days and I'll be able to see some more benefits by then. I plan on choosing different juices, soups and salads so I can try them all. Then, when I'm in town I can pick up some of my favorites for lunch.
Visit www.greenandtonic.com if you want to check out some of their other awesome healthy food.

Comments

Instagram

Popular Posts